Farewell Farrah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just heard that Farah Fawcett passed away. Now I wasn't a big fan, but she was somewhat iconic of a period in my life. I remember doing a dorm inspection while teaching at a boarding school and seeing the poster of her in her red bathing suit. I had no idea who she was at the time, but obviously my student did. I guess that's what happens when you're stuck on a remote island!

My condolences to her family and friends.

RIP Farrah, I hate the thought of all the pain people go through with cancer :(

Was the MJ condolences thread deleted?

Agree... I was with my grandmother not long before she passed of cancer, my grandfather too (although he was 95).

I'm so tired of hearing about MJ on every station for hours with just a tiny bit about Farrah. I'm not saying MJ wasn't talented with his music (I still like so many of his songs even though I don't think I own a single LP or CD of his), but really now. Farrah was MUCH gentler on the eyes!

I'm so tired of hearing about MJ on every station for hours with just a tiny bit about Farrah. I'm not saying MJ wasn't talented with his music (I still like so many of his songs even though I don't think I own a single LP or CD of his), but really now. Farrah was MUCH gentler on the eyes!

that and she wasn't a pedophile

sorry, no matter how much talent you have, anyone that abuses children should be ignored for anything else they did in life

The other aspect is, just because Farrah wasn't such a "big star" in recent years doesn't make her death any less tragic than Jackson's. However, I think one of the things that has so much attention diverted to Jackson is that his death was so unexpected.

Cancer is merciless, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. As such, Fawcett's death announcement didn't catch me by surprise. While I don't think I ever heard the full story on her cancer (I didn't watch the television special she did, talking about all she'd gone through), when it's getting that advanced, it's just a matter of time until the body finally gives up.

Jackson, on the other hand, was only 50 - just a few months older than I am. He was recently said to be in good health by the doctors that examined him in preparation for his comeback concert tour.

Farrah's death does deserve better from the media than it's getting, not only because she was easier on the eyes, but also because she was easier on the mind. She wasn't constantly embroiled in controversy and bizarre behaviors for the last umpteen years. Unlike many of today's "divas", she didn't seem intent on keeping herself in the spotlight through whatever outrageous stunt would land her back on the covers of the gossip rags.

I still remember the first movie I ever saw her in - Logan's Run. She had basically a bit part, but because Charlie's Angels took off right around the same time the movie released, she was given much higher billing on the posters than the part warranted.

May she rest in peace, finally free from the cancer's pain.

04-05-09-farrah_fawcett_swimsuit_poster_70s.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom