Farewell Dinner For Chip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
am not a big fan of laptops but Dell would be a very good choice
I move too much not to like laptops. Our computers leave a few days before we do and get there a week or two after. During the two months I have to roam around homeless, a laptop is our only connection to civilization.

ishbaby:
dang, was at Rockwell mall yesterday and saw the Mac 20" flat panel monitor with mac mini and the cute mouse and keyboard. Dont ask how much, just friggin beautiful.

yes, yes, yes.... mac IS beautiful

*sigh*

got an 12" ibook last year... then a month later i upgraded to a powerbook...never looked back again eversince

im one happy customer. eyebrow :D :wink: :D

paolov:
personally i'll be getting one of these maybe next year, INSTANT ON technology! PUR-RAM

www.go-l.com

but i love my DELL at home. replaced by VAIO though.... hehehehhe

how does "instant on" work?

i dont ever turn off my mac... its always on sleep.... i just lift the monitor to open it and "voila" in less than 2 secs im up and running...

i only turn it off once in two weeks....i remember there was a month that i never turned it off.

gotta love a mac!

From dinner to notebook computers. This is what happens when I get booted off the net for a week (little orphan jj, using someone else's connection to get her internet fix). My 2 cents ~ 1 peso, I'd be happy just to have a notebook computer!

Zeeman:
is that kinda like Bahala Na?

Z...
"Schedule permitting" does include "Bahala Na?" as well as "Sorry can't make it I'm 41,000 ft asl" and "I have to drop everything my grandmother arrived from Mindanao for a short visit" :wink:

Well, that flight I was standingby for did push through. At 9pm. So 17 hours later I'm back in Metro Manila and...dan da da dan...I almost kill myself (good thing no pedestrians decided to cross my path) half a dozen times almost (or maybe not just almost) falling asleep at the wheel. I probably should have taken a nap before heading home. Sheesh.

Halthron:
I move too much not to like laptops. Our computers leave a few days before we do and get there a week or two after. During the two months I have to roam around homeless, a laptop is our only connection to civilization.

that's essentially what i use my laptop for also...as a backup, just in case the desktop is not usable. still i don't like it :D

jj_freelord:
"Schedule permitting" does include "Bahala Na?" as well as "Sorry can't make it I'm 41,000 ft asl" and "I have to drop everything my grandmother arrived from Mindanao for a short visit" :wink:

"....does include ....as well as...." NO, you could have invited your grandmother to join you ! :wink:

pilot_excuse:
Well, that flight I was standingby for did push through. At 9pm. So 17 hours later I'm back in Metro Manila and...dan da da dan...I almost kill myself (good thing no pedestrians decided to cross my path) half a dozen times almost (or maybe not just almost) falling asleep at the wheel. I probably should have taken a nap before heading home. Sheesh.

:D

jj_freelord:

was going to ask if pedestrians were crossing your runway :D i forgot which airport in the PI has those :crazy3:

yes, power nap first before heading home... much much safer :)

Back
Top Bottom