Far too much time on my hands...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Here is an example of what graduate students do when they don't want to study. :wink:
Actually I hate my new hood (it gives me perma-chubby-cheeks) and it's boring black neoprene, and labelling my stuff is a boring chore.
I am a "Sunday painter" so I took my acrylics to it and here is the result. I may or may not shade the letters some more.

I like what you did.
I've been thinking of putting some designs on or painting my boring black wetsuit :az:

Awesome! well now I won't have any trouble spotting you in limited vis.....

I hear sharks are attracted to that color....better stay in the cage :D

There is no research to date indicating sharks or fish of any kind are attracted to that shade of green, which is WHY I chose it. Would you like me to paint "FOOD!" on your hood in neon yellow perhaps? The sennet might come REALLY close then. Then I wouldn't lose you in low vis. either :wink:

Gidds:
There is no research to date indicating sharks or fish of any kind are attracted to that shade of green, which is WHY I chose it. Would you like me to paint "FOOD!" on your hood in neon yellow perhaps? The sennet might come REALLY close then. Then I wouldn't lose you in low vis. either :wink:

I think "CHUM" would be sufficient for my hood, thanks............ :11:

"CHUM" in neon pink...got it. Anybody else need thier hood painted?

Oh, I think I'll paint big eyes on the back of my hood that way Mr. Shark won't think he's sneaking up on me while SOMEBODY is being a weeney inside the cage :wink:

Gidds:
"CHUM" in neon pink...got it. Anybody else need thier hood painted?

Oh, I think I'll paint big eyes on the back of my hood that way Mr. Shark won't think he's sneaking up on me while SOMEBODY is being a weeney inside the cage :wink:

......be nice.... :14:

I want eyes and teeth painted on mine!!! That would be cool, a shark head hood! I think you may have a nice business here....put 'em on ebay.....although then I may become a nice target for the spearfishermen! :11:

OK, bad idea....."chum" it is.....in blood red.....

But PINK will be easier to see underwater because red has a really short wavelength (I thinkI got that right :06: ) :05:
I can try doing a shark face on a hood. It's not like SOMEBODY ever wears thier hood anyway. Requests? I'll do custom hoods, no need for silly ebay. Before anybody mails me thier hood and a check I'd better make sure the paint on mine holds up :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom