Fantasy Island....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Fantasy Island .....
I've heard about a 2 for 1 deal at FI since they have had a change of ownership in the last 6 months trying to get people back to their resort since they have put millions of $$ into it (from what I've heard)....

Has anyone been there in the last 6 months since the change?

Would love to hear from any or all reports from any of you....

Thanks in advance

I too would like to know--we always go to COCO VIEW and we love it there but 2 for 1 is too sweet to pass up!

ANYONE been to Fantasy Island????

I have been researching the two resorts and have read numerous reviews on both. Cocoview consistently gets very high reviews and a high percentage of repeat customers who are affectionately termed "Coconuts". FI has mixed reviews although there have not been many recent ones from the dive community (most divers go to CCV or AKR)

Cocoviews dive operation is very popular because divers get thier own lockers to store thier gear and can access it anytime day or night for diving. If you and your buddy want to dive at 2:30 AM just grab your stuff and hang your key to let anyone who may be interested that you are offshore. Thier boats are in excellent condition and well suited for diving.

FI has a locked room for gear and if you want to night dive must collect your gear and store it in your room, haul it to the shore, haul it back etc. If you are going to do limited or no night diving this isn't a major factor. The dive boats were in pretty poor condition...they may have rectified this, I don't know.

FI has air conditioned rooms, local cable tv and CCV does not. Food is similar although CCV gets higher marks in most reviews.

I hope someone from the board takes the plunge and goes to FI and reports back on the improvements they have made.

Although more expensive I chose Cocoview for the group that is going in December because there is no risk of disappointment as Cocoview is consistently good.

Hope that helps....

Well, Im starting to wonder if saving 700 bucks is worth it. I'm not hearing such great things about Fantasy Island.

I just read a review in Rodales--a recent customer stated there was threadbare carpet and peeling wallpaper in his room--not indicative of a well maintained facility!

If we end up there in October I will post a report!

Thanks!

I am interested in what FI might be doing so I am planning a trip the first part of Sept. One week at FI followed by the next week at COCO (as I KNOW that I am going to like it there!!)

Will post about both places when I get back!!

have a group going there week of 9/14 talked to one couple that has been there consistently. they like it will report

I was in FI one month ago and I enjoyed it. The rooms were nice, with AC, TV and balcony over the beach, nice food and diving operations pretty good. If you go there try to have Willie as you divemaster. A nice guy, very professional.

Take care.

Booked the vacation and am leaving for two weeks the end of Aug.

Will post back to the board about the trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom