Fantasea FL-11 Housing for Coolpix L11 problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I

idocsteve

I just received my new housing, and unlike the CP-3N housing for the Coolpix 3200 camera, this one has several improvements, including 4 evenly spaced locking mechanisms as opposed to 1, which should give a better seal. The buttons are metallic not plastic, and several more buttons and therefore camera features, are available during the dive.

BUT:

Already a problem! The mode selector button is a push in and twist dial, which puts pressure from the rubber stopper at the end of the cam against the slide switch on the camera. Twisting the button is supposed to slide the switch.

However the rubber stopper is held onto the cam by a small set screw, and that screw is threaded only through the rubber stopper itself. I quickly found the stopper to be too loose, so turning the dial simply rotated the cam inside the rubber stopper and therefore the switch didn't move. Tightening the screw even a little simply caused it to turn inside the rubber stopper without tightening it at all.

I've tried crazy glue to afix the rubber stopper to the cam and I guess we'll see what happens after it sits overnight..but cmon...this is very poor design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom