Family Trip - need suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are planning our midyear holliday and looking for Phi for our next destination. I am doing few search in this forum as well as in the net. Too many great sites, but seem mostly for serious divers, not very easy to make a conclusion; so I start this threat to get a clue for further detail search.
Our schedule is bit flexible; can be end of March, end of May, or end of July for a week or more. What the best time to visit ?
Myself AOW, my 12 years daughter - Jr. AOW; my 8 years daughter love ocean bubble maker much, and at this time my wife enjoy snorkeling (hopefully will try discovery).
Our criteria:
- Good diving, snorkeling and top site attractions, cultures, and shopping - we can compromise not to get the best for all but worth for money. 60% underswater, 40% topsite.
- Safe, easy diving, clear water, depht within limitation of Jr. AOW. Ocean bubble maker and or any diving programme to satisfy 8 years good swimmer kid is plus point.
- we like nice resorts (but not for > 200 bucks a night) and we can also survive with any good and clean accomodation, A/C is a must. the resort must be suitable for family with children.
- Not too crowd - minimum traveling time from manila or cebu. Not very interested to travel more than 4 hours either boat or land.
Just for comparison - we have great trip and really enjoy Bali, Manado, Langkawi, Tioman, and Phuket.
Thanks for any recommendations and suggestion

I would suggest Puerto Galera and Anilao for something closer to Manila. Cabilao and Bohol if you can fly into Cebu directly. Probably better snorkeling in Cabilao/ Bohol, but shops in PG such as Asia Divers have great instructors for bubble makers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom