False negative trader Rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52

Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you allow new members (joined yesterday) with zero posts the ability to post trader ratings with no means to verify if any transaction has taken place?

This is an invitation to abuse the system, and I am apparently not the first target of such misuse.

Oceantourist has for reasons known only to himself, chosen to give me a negative rating.

I don't know who he is, have never done business with him, have exchanged no email or PM's with him.

To permit unverified "Trader Ratings" to be posted is to destroy any creditability these ratings might provide over time.

Please advise me as to your intentions.

Respectfully,

Tobin George

Tobin,
Unfortunately every system is subject to possible abuse, even requiring a url and a post history, users still find ways to abuse the system (we've had users with over 1,000 posts cause problems). This does not mean there isn't a solution, we do infact have an entirely new marketplace system that is almost ready for launch and much harder to "fool". For the time being we are simply reviewing reports such as your own and removing any false feedback. In your particular case the user did not list a ScubaBoard url in their rating and thus we have removed the feedback. If you have more suggestions about how to make this feature work better in the future please feel free to share them with me as we are always open to new ideas.

Although this feature will be removed when we launch our new system in a few days I have coded a 25 post minimum to help avoid any abuse up to that point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom