Question Fair price for Worthington X7-100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 2 of these and am considering either getting 2 more or selling the 2 I have to get something else. I have a set of LP 108s that are 8 inch and the Worthington is 7.25 it gets to be a pain to adjust the band size each time I usually do 4 dives a trip so it's 2 at 8 inch and 2 at 7.25.

$250 would have been a fair price 12-18 months ago. Now with inflation and higher gear prices in general you should have no problem moving them at $300. $350 on a very high end.

350 will get you a new faber f7 100 from DGX, even with a fresh hydro/vis, 300 is still a stretch

Just for a reference, I recently traded a Faber 100 with ~40 dives on it (so not quite shiny but still pretty new) plus $40 for a slightly rusty older Worthington. I have no idea if this is normal.

The right answer is about $250.:)

I usually buy steel tanks for <300CAD… many go for more than that… (some to a ridiculous price of new, while being out of hydro) but I don’t buy them at that price..

Selling them however is a different story.. (but then they’re usually newly hydrod, usually O2 clean and fresh vis)

_R

Idiots like me have payed $350 each for a matching pair... :(

"Will not be doing that again"

I have 2 of these and am considering either getting 2 more or selling the 2 I have to get something else. I have a set of LP 108s that are 8 inch and the Worthington is 7.25 it gets to be a pain to adjust the band size each time I usually do 4 dives a trip so it's 2 at 8 inch and 2 at 7.25.

Swapping between tank diameters is a PITA. I dive a BP/W with an STA. When I had both 8” & 7.25” tanks, I kept 2 STAs preset to the two different diameters. Can’t do that without an STA unfortunately.

Fair price in our area is right around $250. Lots of folks love the Worthington HP100s. You should have no trouble selling them. I own 4 of them! :)

Those have a bit of a cult like following, based a bit on excellent diving characteristics and at this end of the country you can get at least what a new Faber goes for, the past few years have really messed with tank pricing. The DGX deal is pretty good though shipping isn’t included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom