Fair offer on used wetsuits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heyhey, my LDS is selling off/replacing its stock of rental suits (NeoSport/XS Scuba). I believe these suits sell New for around $120-$150, what do you think I could offer my LDS owner cashwise that would net me the biggest savings and yet not offend him either...

I heard a rumor that he'd want $100 still , which I believe is ridiculous for a used suit of these brands, even if it was a one-owner suit as opposed to an LDS suit.

I'm thinking more like $60

how long they been in service, but they've certainly got the look of use (some more than others of course) , ragged neck seals... pull tears around the knee pads... etc., certainly still serviceable (I've been diving them all year), but very much Used as well.

I'm sure the fact that Multiple users have peed in/used these suits is off-putting for some, but I work in the healthcare industry (Cant gross me out, impossible) AND I'm chronically broke.

$60 is a very fair price.....

I bought one of the same type of a used suit as my first and I was given the $60 price .

That is a fair price so I would make the offer...

If they refuse let me know I may have a good one for you or can get one in good shape for that price!!:D

If you've been renting them all year mention how much money you've already paid for the suit in your bargaining. Some places actually do rent-to-own programs.
Ber :lilbunny:

If you've been renting them all year mention how much money you've already paid for the suit in your bargaining. Some places actually do rent-to-own programs.

the shop has a program where if you buy your BC & Reg from him you get free use of Wetsuit, Tank (with Air) and Weights for a year. (Bam!:))

so I've been All Over that since my initial 4 dives of certification (currently 37 dives).

If they are that ragged, I wouldnt go higher than $60 :wink:

I wouldnt worry about insulting him, just plead your case as to why your offering $60, because they are heavily used. He already got his money out of them in rental....$150 suit new, what maybe $10 a day rental? 15 rentals, paid for at RETAIL.....let alone if they are in that shape, they were used alot more. He shouldnt get insulted if you tell him why you are offering that.....seems extremely fair and reasonable to me :wink:

the shop has a program where if you buy your BC & Reg from him you get free use of Wetsuit, Tank (with Air) and Weights for a year. (Bam!:))

so I've been All Over that since my initial 4 dives of certification (currently 37 dives).

NICE! I might suggest that to our local shop. It would certainly help get some people diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom