Facebook Videos not displaying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC_Hoaty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If a facebook video is posted using the [fv] tags, all I see is a white box. Another user thought I might have security controls locked down too tight, however I can see youtube videos fine.

I have IE9 and Win7.

can you give an example please? Facebook uses privacy, and therefore some items on facebook are private, and can't be re-posted.

Thanks.

This video?

[fv]444407625630586[/fv]

The fv tag worked fine for me... no changes were made to the tag.

In case you see a white box... this is what I see. Using Chrome. (It looks the same to me in IE9 with Win 7) I suggest you update any plugins your browser uses. Specifically flash, as this (the facebook video) is a flash app.

I'm marking this closed, as this is clearly a browser issue, and not anything wrong with the site.

screen shot.jpg

Thanks Howard - it must be a local browser issue. I'll see about updating flash. I may have turned off something a month or so ago during the Java (or was it Active-X?) vulnerability issue. Any suggestions are appreciated!

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2013 at 08:59 AM ----------

Verified Javascript enabled using How to enable JavaScript in your browser and why
Downloaded latest flash from Adobe using Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player
rebooted just to see if that did anything

Still no improvement - seeing the "white box" in your post #3 on this thread. (not the image I see in your post #4)

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2013 at 09:11 AM ----------

Reinstalled Java for both 32 and 64 bit. No change.

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2013 at 09:25 AM ----------

About 5 minutes after installing Java, I had a pop-up that the plug-in was now available. I accepted that, cleared the cache and cookies, and rebooted again.

This appears to have it fixed.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

Lock it up if you want to - this one is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom