Faber Steel 98 cf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksnick

Registered
Reaction score
Faber Steel 98 cf tanks. New hydro inspection and new VIP both dated 6-11. Original hydro is 2003

There is light rust under where the bands are, but nothing more than a cosmetic thing.

Asking $425. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Attachments

• DSC01243.JPG
    DSC01243.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01244.jpg
    DSC01244.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 71
What exactly is a 98? Is it another name for a lp95 or are they actually different tanks? I use the Huron tank guide and it's not listed there.

Also, it looks like you have the convertible valves but maybe only one has the insert? I can't tell so what exactly am I looking at there?

I've been looking for a set of Faber lp95s, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe OMS rebranded some Fabers as LP98s, which would probably be the same as what you're thinking of (15L, 2400+, etc).

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe OMS rebranded some Fabers as LP98s, which would probably be the same as what you're thinking of (15L, 2400+, etc).
Yes you are correct. I also have a set of the OMS/Faber tanks and I guess I just became accustomed to referring them to 98's instead of LP 95's. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes you are correct. I also have a set of the OMS/Faber tanks and I guess I just became accustomed to referring them to 98's instead of LP 95's. Sorry for the confusion.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. How about the valves? Are they din/yolk and do they have the inserts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom