Faber FX100LPDVB tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got Faber FX-100's. (not sure what the LPDVB stands for in your post)

the ones I've got are slightly negative when empty. good tanks. (although I think worthington has a better finish). Divers Direct often has them on sale for $250 range.

These are for 159. They are the ones rated to 2650psi. Not the HP ones.

ok... those are LP80's . Easy to confuse as HP100 since the model starts with FX100, which is the same as their high pressure 3442psi FX-100

[table 2,2,0]
Part # | Fill Pressure-psi | Liters | Cubic in. | CF | *Length In. | Dia In. | **Weight Lb. | Buoyancy Full / Empty
FX100LPDVB | 2640 | 12.9 | 787 | 80 | 24.80 | 7.24 | 24.9 | 1.65 / 7.65
[/table]

The above is from the Blue Steel web site. but when searching I read on another post that someone thought that was wrong.

TDL has them listed a

-1.7 empty and -7.55 Full

the FX-100 HP 3442 is similar in size.

[table 2,2,0]
Part # | Fill Pressure-psi | Liters | Cubic in. | CF | *Length In. | Dia In. | **Weight Lb. | Buoyancy Full / Empty
FX100DVB | 3442 | 12.9 | 787 | 100 | 25.39 | 7.24 | 34.3 | -8.41 / -0.59
[/table]

Faber must be having an "old tank hydro" sale with old hydro's. seems others are selling them also

see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hot-deals/285975-memorial-weekend-specials.html

Faber and Blue Steel are 'infamous' for having "old hydro sales". They seem to get behind in their inventory rotation and have sales of tanks that are a year or more out of hydro.

OH and this is an older tank...its not a 2400+ rating from what i understand its rated at 2650...but correct me if i'm wrong.

OK so they are +7 when empty.

according to Blue Steel's page, yes... but I read on another post it was wrong.

TDL's website says the numbers listed as opposite of Fabers
TDL has them at -1.7 empty and -7.55 Full

I'm betting that Faber (Blue Steel's ) website is wrong. you just don't see steel tanks being 7 pounds positive when empty. otherwise the diver would have to wear 20+ pounds of weight to get down. :shakehead:

OH and this is an older tank...its not a 2400+ rating from what i understand its rated at 2650...but correct me if i'm wrong.

The 2400+ rating means that you can legally overfill it 10% per DOT regulations

so
2400 psi initial rating
+240 psi (add 10%)
-----------------------
2640 psi final rating

so you can fill it to 2640psi until your next hydro. At that time they will test it and determine if it's "plus rated" again, which means 2640psi, or if it's not, then you can't fill it past 2400 psi.

Thanks I think I will buy one. It also says that the tank only weights 24lbs which is pretty light. I'm guessing that maybe why they are on sale. I just keep finding opposite info.

naw... they are on sale because no one is buying them and they are about out of the initial hydro. this is pretty much what you call a "fire sale" because they are trying to get rid of them.

check the hydro dates on the tank you're buying. I'm betting it's 2005 or 2006 or something like that.

still a good tank for the price ($159)

I basically need a tank for a month while i'm home. Can't bring it back with me so i'll probably do it and just get rid of it. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom