ez-lock weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kruer

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the EZ-lock weight system on the Escape and the Rip Cord system on the Stilleto? I am considering purchase of either an Escape, since I only take a couple of dive trips a year and do no local diving but really want to understand how the weight sysem works before making a decision.

Wille

That's interesting. When I bought my Escape a few years ago I recall there was a choice of either the Rip-Cord system or the other, and I chose the Rip-Cord. It seems the design of the Escape has changed.

In the Rip-Cord system there is flexible plastic rod that is pulled out, which releases the cord holding the weights. The other system I'm not familiar with.

One of the nice things about the Rip-Cord system is you can open the zippered weight pocket and drop any weight from the pocket without releasing the cord, so you can drop just some of the weight.

Adam

Wille -

Take a look at this video, which will demonstrate and explain the ripcord weight system:

Ripcord Rethread - Zeagle Dive Systems

The EZ-Lock weight system is a "pull out pocket" weight system, where you remove the actual weight pocket from the BC, load it up, and slide it back in. The handle snaps in place and in an emergency you would pull both handles and drop your weights.

The ripcord weight system is a single point weight release system. One pull of the ripcord drops both sides of weight at the same time. The video will show that, as well as explain the ease of loading and re-threading the ripcord should you NEED to use it (which would be ONLY in an emergency situation).

We offered the EZ Lock System on the Escape BC simply to give customers a second option, although I truly believe that the Ripcord System is the best weight release system on the market.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott. Your explanation was very helpfull. I assume from other threads that for traveling a couple of times a year and no local diving you would recommend the Escape. After your explanation of the weight system the Rip Cord sounds like the better option. Is the ripcord available on the Escape?

Willie

Back
Top Bottom