Exuma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ncscuba

Reaction score
Going to exuma in late may. I was wondering if any had any dive experiences there. I called the hotel, and they said they do not reccommend any dive shop in the area. This makes me a little worried. I have never heard of any hotel doing this? Any feedback would be great!

ncscuba:
Going to exuma in late may. ...Any feedback would be great!
I'lll be watching this thread. I sure hope someone answers your question. Earlier today I had never even heard of the place and now it seems I will be there May 6th-13th. I also would love some recommendations on dive operators and good spots and anything else I need to know about the place.
Accomodations are already set (I haven't a clue where since I am piggy-backing on arrangements made by my brother's employer) but we will have lots of diving time and would like to know the best where's and with whos.

I'm sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to Cayman in June thru the Exumas and have studied all the chart. The only dive shops I can find is on Nassau. The Exumas seem to be only dived by liveaboards, just alot of deserted islands. We have a small compressor on our sailboat so we do not need a dive shop but was hoping to get some GPS sites for diving. I will give you all the phone numbers of all the marina's in the exumas. Compass Cay marina (242)355-2064, Exuma Docking (242)336-2578, Highborne Cay (242)355-1008, Sampson Cay Club (242)355-2034, Staniel Yacht Club (242)355-2024 and David at dhocher@watermakers.com has been helping me with anchoages, so he might be able to help you. I have heard from my sailing freinds that snorkeling (awesome) is the best bet, but they are not divers.

ncscuba:
Going to exuma in late may. I was wondering if any had any dive experiences there. I called the hotel, and they said they do not reccommend any dive shop in the area. This makes me a little worried. I have never heard of any hotel doing this? Any feedback would be great!

I went on my boat a few years ago. Absolutely beautiful diving. I found a local Bahamian to fill tanks for me. Drop them off in the AM & usually get them back in the PM...not always though.

Back
Top Bottom