Exuma Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Citizen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm considering the Exumas (in April) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for dive centres (or information on what is there)?

(I'm a PADI DM)

Many thanks

Where are you going in the Exumas. On Great Exuma there is Dive Exuma. If you are going to Staniel Cay, Staniel Cay Divers is a great outfit.

If you are considering a week long trip you may want to consider a liveaboard because it will save you money and can give you awesome variety of dives that aren't right off shore in the Exumas (wall dives, wreck dives, drift dives, night dives, reef dives, etc.). Check out lostislandvoyages.com. The name of the boat is the Avalon and it's a nice little family owned and operated company. Great crew. Food, diving, boose, and stay is all included in the trip price (around $1290 for 1 week).

I'll be ending a live aboard trip in Georgetown the first week in November. Going to spend a week round there with my non-diver spouse. Any suggestions for accommodations around Georgetown or on nearby islands? Thinking of snorkeling, kayaking, and if there's a dive op handy, maybe do another dive or two.

Thanks to osprey and LIVdiver for the info already provided.

If you are considering a week long trip you may want to consider a liveaboard because it will save you money and can give you awesome variety of dives that aren't right off shore in the Exumas (wall dives, wreck dives, drift dives, night dives, reef dives, etc.). Check out lostislandvoyages.com. The name of the boat is the Avalon and it's a nice little family owned and operated company. Great crew. Food, diving, boose, and stay is all included in the trip price (around $1290 for 1 week).

PLUS "10" for Lost Island. Just returned and it was great!!

Dove Exuma in April and was HIGHLY disappointed in the quality of the reef. Cabbage central- the place was just encrusted and the life was way off. Worst dive of the trip was within sight of the Land and Sea HQ- but none of the diving we did in Exuma was what I would consider "healthy".

Dove Exuma in April and was HIGHLY disappointed in the quality of the reef. Cabbage central- the place was just encrusted and the life was way off. Worst dive of the trip was within sight of the Land and Sea HQ- but none of the diving we did in Exuma was what I would consider "healthy".

were you on a liveaboard or resort?

I was aboard the Aquacat- we shuttled between Exuma and Eleuthera. Great boat, great staff, mediocre dive sites

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom