Extras for a strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladycajun

New
Reaction score
wow... I really need some help. I am trying to get an Inon d-180 for my cannon camera (its got a wp-dc200 waterproof case) but I need more than the strobe I need EVERYTHING that comes with it and I have no idea what all that stuff is. Would someone please explain to me all the extras I will have to buy, and what the approximate cost of them will be? I need whatever will hook it onto my camera and make it work.

You will need to decide on what design tray and handle you want. There are different arm systems out there. One is the loc-line type (like a gooseneck). Another are arms that connect by ball type joints. Go to Yuzo's to get an idea of what some look like.

When you order the Inon D-180 you have to specify which housing you have so as to get the correct fiber optic kit. What varies on the kit is the part that attaches to the housing. Before you do anything check that one is available for your housing.

Basically you are looking at buying the strobe head, the fiber optic kit, tray/handle, arm system. I'm guessing somewhere in the $700 to $900 price range. Shop around. Don't be afraid to order directly from Yuzo in Japan. He is very reliable and has great prices. The best payment method with him is via PayPal transfer which he offers a discount for. Another source is Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros

Good luck.

Thanks for the info Gilligan! Might come in handy soon.

The Inon D-180 user manual in English is here.
Page 21 lists the Canon housings for use with the strobe. The WP-DC200 is listed.

There is also an Inon D-180S. It has the same power but does not have the focus light. It has an LED light instead. This model is slightly cheaper in price but I personally don't think it is worth it compared to the D-180.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom