Extra glove sealing for wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all!

I recently bought a new wetsuit and gloves. During my first dive I noticed a bit to much water running in my gloves.
My wetsuit is a Mares 865 with armseals just below the elbow but no seals at the wrists.
My gloves are Scubapro everflex without any seal at all.
I pull the glove over the suitsleave because the gloveentrance's radius is bigger then the sleaveradius.
This gives water a bit more off a chance off getting in my gloves and though my hands are not freezing, they get kinda cold.
During diving, when I squeeze my hand, I feel a lot of water leaving the glove.
After this long story :), I was wondering if there are some extra seals on the market to tighten the gloves more around the wrists?
Extra sow-on seals are not really an option. :)

Greeting :)

Woops..seems I wasn't tracking this thread automatically.
Thank for the link! That looks very usefull! Though I think finding it in Belgium could be hard.

Have you tried using velcro straps? You can get a few like the ones you would use to tidy up tv cables and wrap them around your wrists above the glove. The best solution would be to get a different set of gloves that has built-in velcro straps. However, this should provide a cheap fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom