Extra...Extra....justleesa saves vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here is my story in brief:

I was in Honalulu, Hi from Boxing Day to New Years. I was book with a supposedly big dive charter outfit for 10 dives over the week. I also after finding that they did not do night dives, booked 2 with justleesa. The short of it is that this so call big operator (that does not do night dives) told me if I did the night dives with another operator I would not be allowed to do anymore dives with them (he said I was attempting to do an unsafe profile:huh: ). They said they would be refunding my Visa for the remaining dives (I'm still awaiting a refund). I was kinda crushed:disappoin , I vacation to dive. I'm not one to sit on the beach or shop...etc.

Now I phoned Lisa (justleesa). Lisa was able to book me some incredible dives(besides the 2 outstanding night dives). 3 different wreck dives (YO-257, SanPedro & SeaTiger) and some great Reef Dives. The 2 night dives (4 tanks total) were personally guided by Lisa, and were all fantastic dives, Lisa pointed out many critters I had missed and also gave much great History on the Dive Sites. It was also a great pleasure to meet Lisa's Husband Roger (TurtleGuy), who also took me on some superb Dives (My first Wreck Dive)

Hats off to Lisa and Roger, I'll be back in Hawaii soon:D .

Im headed to Oahu myself. Who was the dive ops that thinks they run the world? I would sure like to avoid them. PM me is you dont want to go public pls.

And who was the good dive ops.....

Way to go!! I'm glad Lisa was able to come through for you! I've dived with her a couple of times and I wouldn't think of using anyone else when I visit Oahu.

You can check out her web site at www.oahuscubadivers.com - she also has a great log of the dives she does so you can see what there is to see!

RICHinNC:
Im headed to Oahu myself. Who was the dive ops that thinks they run the world? I would sure like to avoid them. PM me is you dont want to go public pls.

PM Sent.....I'll PM anyone who would like to know. Not that I'm vindictive...I just don't want anyone else's vacation potentialy ruined.

BTW I'll post a little more about the first operator in Whine and Cheese later.

RICHinNC:
And who was the good dive ops.....

:D www.oahuscubadivers.com :D

"Unsafe profile"....

Sheesh. If that's the case, we should be dead from all the night dives on liveaboards....sounds like your dive op was hate playin'...

Good one on Lisa!

All the best, James

Stories like this is why there is a stack of business cards in our shop, 2500 miles away with Roger and Lisa's name on them.

:blush: Thank you CatalinaCanuck! It was my pleasure and am I so glad that we got to dive together. It's always great meeting fun people :D You were a great buddy and a fantastic diver. Thanks for sharing your pictures and taking the pictures of Roger on Saturdays charter. Looking forward to diving with you on your next visit!!

Aloha,
Lisa & Roger

Thanks everyone else for the kind words :)

If your Visa is charged, contact your Visa company and refuse the charges. They will remove the charge from your bill. Keep the records of the cancelled dives for future disputes.

Back
Top Bottom