Extra Days In Honiara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The way flights to Solomons are working, will have a couple of extra days before getting on the Bilikiki. Any suggestions on what to do for a couple of extra days? Thanks...

I'm curious about this too...on both ends. What is the routing you are planning, LAX-NAN-HIR?

Don’t know about days, but there are some interesting WWII tours offered. You’re in for some wonderful diving on the Bilikiki…:daydream:

Don’t know about days, but there are some interesting WWII tours offered. You’re in for some wonderful diving on the Bilikiki…:daydream:

Thanks... Yes, plan on some Guadalcanal WWII stuff, but anything other things to do on the island? Hiking? Rent a scooter and see something?? Web isn't giving lots of info. 14 days on Bilikiki will be nice:)

I did a trip on the Bilikiki on Nov - Dec. It was fantastic so enjoy. I didn't find a lot to do in HOniara - there are some WW2 tours. I had hoped to dive the Bonegi Wreck but an earthquake hit(!) ALl I wll add was that my flights changed multiple times to and from Honiara so I kept losing and gaining days in Honiara...

I did a trip on the Bilikiki on Nov - Dec. It was fantastic so enjoy. I didn't find a lot to do in HOniara - there are some WW2 tours. I had hoped to dive the Bonegi Wreck but an earthquake hit(!) ALl I wll add was that my flights changed multiple times to and from Honiara so I kept losing and gaining days in Honiara...
Yup, what I thought and what I'm finding with web searches.

The way flights to Solomons are working, will have a couple of extra days before getting on the Bilikiki. Any suggestions on what to do for a couple of extra days? Thanks...

WW2 tours as noted. There is an outfit that does a rafting trip (Bilikiki has the contact). Central market.

Not much… it’s not a garden spot. Bilikiki though is brilliant, enjoy!

We had extra time d/t crazy multiple flight changes last October…

WW2 tours as noted. There is an outfit that does a rafting trip (Bilikiki has the contact). Central market.

Not much… it’s not a garden spot. Bilikiki though is brilliant, enjoy!

We had extra time d/t crazy multiple flight changes last October…
Rafting. Hmmm. I'm a whitewater kayaker and guide. What level rafting? Have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Rafting. Hmmm. I'm a whitewater kayaker and guide. What level rafting? Have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.
Check with Kelli and Sam at Bilikiki.
In November it had been dry so wasn’t an option… lots of rain since! Run by an expat Brit?. Maybe not up to your standards but definitely off the beaten path!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom