Exposure Suit Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sias

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Now that winter is coming, and the air is getting cooler (and more importantly the water) I have decided that I am not done diving this year and am going to purchase a drysuit. I have read multiple reviews and done my fair share of research and will be purchasing the Pinnacle Freedom 2 Drysuit. My question is not about how good or bad this drysuit is, though if you have dove it, I welcome the comments. My question is regarding the sizing. Using this size chart I am guessing I would be placed in the "Medium" category. (I am 150lbs, 5'11", Waist=33", Chest=37"). My question is two-fold. Firstly; Because I will be diving in cold water (Northern Indiana's finest) and thus be wearing some heavy-duty undergarments will I need a bigger size Drysuit or when they determine their sizing do they include undergarments? Secondly; Along with the previous question, am I correct on guessing the size Medium, or should I go with the Medium/Large. Just as some additional detail I own a Pinnacle 7mm wetsuit that is Medium/Tall and fits me perfectly.

Is there a LDS that sells Pinnacle where you could actually try it on? Buying something based on a sizing chart is very dangerous.

I bought a BARE once that "on paper" fit me perfectly, but alas in the real world was a horrible fit. Not even close.

My next suit was a stock DUI that "on paper" should have been way too short for me. Oddly, it fit me like a custom made suit.

Go figure!

I have an LDS where I will be purchasing the drysuit through, but they do not have any Pinnacle's in stock for size comparison. They are closed on weekends so I have yet to ask them their opinion on this matter. I wanted to post here to get as many responses as possible to compare to my LDS's response in order to get the best fit possible.

I have an LDS where I will be purchasing the drysuit through, but they do not have any Pinnacle's in stock for size comparison. They are closed on weekends so I have yet to ask them their opinion on this matter. I wanted to post here to get as many responses as possible to compare to my LDS's response in order to get the best fit possible.

Your LDS's response should be that they'll get one in for you to try on. Don't accept anything less.

I agree any good LDS will order for you with no obligation. If so just seek out an internet retailer that will provide the items if you don't have another LDS locally. I have used Leisure Pro on my last 2 wetsuit purchases and on each time they were excellent in providing a replacement, with free shopping, when the suit arrived and the fit was not right. Obviously we are not talking about a simple wetsuit, so you have to use caution on selecting the right business to buy from.

My two cents and good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom