Exposure suit for Socorros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello

I am going to the Socorro islands at the end of March. I see on photographs on Facebook from the various liveavoards that quite a number of divers dive dry there. What water temperature can we expect (surface and bottom).
I was thinking of a 7mm or two 3mm suits. Should I really bring my drysuit?

Thanks for the feedback.

Christophe.

I just did Socorro Jan 14-21, 2011 & I wore a WATER PROOF 7mm & 3mm hoode vest & that was OK for me. I am 58, female & ALWAYS the coldest diver in the group. Many of the divers wore 5-7m and hooded vests. I think a good fitting hooded vest is the key. Cabo was by far colder by 2-6 degrees. I wore 3 suits in Cabo. Socorro's were warmer. By March, it will be even a few degrees warmer.
There were 7 west cost Canadians on board that routinely dry suit dive at home & none of them were saying that they wished they had their dry suits. I think at it's coldest, a dry suit would be OK to overkill.

I just got back from Cabo as well. I dove in a 7mm with hood and was fine. I did find my hands got cold but only wore my light, light 1mm gloves. If the socorros are warmer, I agree, you'll be fine in a 7mm. I got bottom temp readings of 62-66 F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom