exposure suit for November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homunculus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all,
we finally booked our flights to Bonaire. We're going to be there from Nov 11 'till 18th. I'm wondering what exposure suit is good. I understand that temperature sensitivity is a subjective measure but I just want to get an idea. I've never worn anything less than 7-10 mm since i'm diving in New England waters.
Also, is hood necessary for Bonaire diving? I've heard that gloves are prohibited, is it true?
Thank you.

A 3mm shorty should do it for you, but bring a hood just in case.

I have dove Bonaire in Dec and March. A fleece lined skin has always been plenty for me. A hood or beenie is a nice addition on night dives. I do prefer a full length suit, it helps avoid the occasional jellyfish sting and provides some protection for scraps....you will scrape something on some of the shore entries. The water temp should be 78-80 that time of year.

Gloves are not allowed and its a sizeable fine if you get caught with them. Last I heard, they take your dive gear until you pay it....leave them at home.

I wear a full 1mm there, more for protection. Or sometimes a lycra skin. A hood is not needed. I usually wear a beanie sometimes, but it's more to keep my hair out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom