Exposure Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to give slide film a try on my trip to Coz in April. Just picked up a 15mm for wide angle and have the close up kit with a 28mm. Will be using two SB-105's. Can I get away with picking a f-stop based on distance, using TTL and setting the camera on "A". I have Jim Church's great book but I don't want to spend my whole bottom time stressing over the correct exposure!!!

Any tips would be appreciated.

fda483:
Going to give slide film a try on my trip to Coz in April. Just picked up a 15mm for wide angle and have the close up kit with a 28mm. Will be using two SB-105's. Can I get away with picking a f-stop based on distance, using TTL and setting the camera on "A". I have Jim Church's great book but I don't want to spend my whole bottom time stressing over the correct exposure!!!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Auto/TTL does not work well with a Nikonos and 15mm lens. The Nikonos meter is center weighted, and your main subject must fill at least 1/3 of the frame for the TTL to work. I suggest this: use ISO 100 film, set your lens to f8, use either a single 105 at full power with diffuser on, or, if you use both strobes, make sure that they are at least 5' apart and aimed to shoot straight ahead (not aimed inward), shoot from a distance of 3' from your subjects, set your shutter speed to M90 at depths to 70 feet when shooting at an angle toward the surface, set your shutter to 60 if shooting horizontally in the water, set your shutter to 30 if you are shooting late in the day or when shooting horizontally in the water at depths greater than 50 feet. -Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom