Exporting from Canon HV 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning on buying this camera and was wondering how difficult it would be to get the footage to a MAC for Final Cut Pro editing? Does it take a Fire Wire? Would it export as a Quick time?

Thanks in advance.

was wondering how difficult it would be to get the footage to a MAC for Final Cut Pro editing?
Should be as easy as starting FCP, plugging in the camera and importing it.
And because the VIXIA HV30 uses the IEEE 1394 protocol,
More commonly called Firewire...
Would it export as a Quick time?
The Camera? No. But FCP exports Quicktime H.264 as a standard format. Given that Quicktime is an Apple format, it probably does a pretty good job...lol.

Hi, I've got this camera but use another deck to import the footage. You can connect the camera using the firewrre port, but there's a specific fcp setup needed to import the footage.

Import it as prores, not hdv. Once in you can export it any way you want.

Also, the importing is not what the older sd cameras did. With them you could preview every clip, then log it and import only what you wanted.

With this camera and format once you start importing it's automatic based upon when you stopped and started the camera. This takes a bit of getting used to.

There might be another work around but I don't know what it is. You might also check here: lafcpug Forums :: Café LA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom