Experienced shooter looking for a new camera needs help....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I have been shooting underwater for about 7 years and I am looking for a new camera suggestion. My first camera was a Sea Life DC 300 with the Sea Life Reef master strobe. About 2-3 years ago I upgraded to a Sea Life DC 800. We sold the 300 but kept the Reef master strobe and are still using it on the 800. It shoots good but it could be better. Anyway, we just got back from Borneo, Malaysia. This trip was 7 nights diving and 6 nights of jungle cruising and animal watching. The trip was fantastic. I realize now that I enjoy shooting animals nearly as much as shooting fish. Also, I did not get very many good shots of monkeys or elephants as they were usually 20-30 feet away so the cheap digital camera just doesn't cut it. So here is what I am looking for. I want a digital camera that can take an underwater housing and a strobe. I also want the camera to be able to be used topside by adding some kind of a zoom lens. I am hoping something like this exists as we travel with enough gear already and I do not want to have to pack another camera setup. Any suggestions?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom