Experienced diver analysis requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annie,

We started up from 15' at 600psi. I don't think under normal conditions I would have used 50psi beore I got to the surface. Normally. I don't think the freeflow was "little", I have seen a reg fre flow under water and this looked nothing like that. I guess if you want to see what I mean, take the reg off the hose and open the tank valve under water. It was a crazy amount of air.

I didn't actually go OOA, I got the BCD reinflated with about 150psi. Pretty close to empty.

If I had not got the bcd reconnected & full?

I can hold my breat for a decent amount of time, I think I would have done the first thing I could think of, putting a hole in my suit with my knife to allow me to flip over.

I think I should go over some ground rules with my buddy in the future.

Thanks for your input annie & charlie99.

JustinF:
annie,

If I had not got the bcd reconnected & full?

I can hold my breat for a decent amount of time, I think I would have done the first thing I could think of, putting a hole in my suit with my knife to allow me to flip over.

I think I should go over some ground rules with my buddy in the future.

Thanks for your input annie & charlie99.

Hole in the suit causes you to lose the rest of your boyancy and descend all the way down...
In a situation like yours ditch your weights!!! When not diving in overhead environment, in my opinion, it's safe to have at least a partly ditchable ballast...

I am properly weighted, so at the surface with no air in my BCD or dry suit, on full lungs and an empty tank, I don't sink.

That may change with water getting in the suit, but atleast being head up, I could ditch my weights, they are not quickly ditchable upside down.

Thanks!

JustinF:
I am properly weighted, so at the surface with no air in my BCD or dry suit, on full lungs and an empty tank, I don't sink.

That may change with water getting in the suit, but atleast being head up, I could ditch my weights, they are not quickly ditchable upside down.

Thanks!

I'm not sure that you would float if your drysuit was flooded, even without weights, never tried it myself but I doubt it somehow. Does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom