Experience with Medium Tall Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

modo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question about the Henderson Thermaxx wetsuit. I tried on and bought the large today in a 3mm fullsuit, but I am not confident that it is the right size. I'm 6'2 and 180lbs. The medium feels to small, but that's because the arms and legs are short on me. None of my local LDS's want to order the MT for me to try on. So, I am looking for anyone with experience on the medium tall sizes. I really don't want to spend $350 on a wetsuit only for it to be wrong.

Currently the large feels snug, but night tight. There is a very small amount of extra fabric across the chest, but not baggy. The lower torso and legs seem to fit great, but the arms are short by about an inch at the wrist. I am worried that once I get it wet it will be loose.

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Michael

---------- Post added June 28th, 2014 at 11:02 AM ----------

If it helps get me an answer I am really wanting to know what changes in a tall size wetsuit? Is it the arm and leg length or the torso length? At 6'2" I have a short torso and long limbs, so the body of the wetsuit fits fine, it is the length of the arms and legs that doesn't work. I want to try on a medium tall because I think that is the correct torso size for me, I just need longer legs and arms. I have a hard time putting on the medium because the ankle openings end up half way up my calves and end up being so tight I can't get into the rest of the suit.

I have to say I am really disappointed with my LDS as he really didn't care that I had questions about the the tall sizes. Basically he said just dive in the one that I bought, everything would be fine. Not reassuring when you are spending $350 plus on a wetsuit.

Once again, thanks for any advice.

Michael

Last edited:
Why not order the size you want to try from LeisurePro? They are very accommodating about exchanges to get you into the right size.

(Your LDS does't want to order a size which might sit unsold for a while, but that's his problem, not yours.)

Last edited:
Well, I was trying to support my local dive shop, but they are not earning my business right now. Not to mention I had to pay for a weekend rental for tanks because they are closed Sunday and Monday. I have never heard of that before. "Sorry, but we have to charge extra because we are closed and you can't drop them off till Tuesday."

The Thermaxx line of wetsuits is only available at local retailers, so leisure pro is not an option on this one. I may downgrade to thermoprene just so I can order online and try the sizes I want.

I am going back to the retailer on Tuesday to return tanks and the suit. They can order me the size I want or return my money.

Thanks,

Michael

Amazon has the Henderson H2 Men's ML for $75. The H2 isn't made any more, but it's really nice--I like mine.

Last edited:
Well, I was trying to support my local dive shop, but they are not earning my business right now. Not to mention I had to pay for a weekend rental for tanks because they are closed Sunday and Monday. I have never heard of that before. "Sorry, but we have to charge extra because we are closed and you can't drop them off till Tuesday."

The Thermaxx line of wetsuits is only available at local retailers, so leisure pro is not an option on this one. I may downgrade to thermoprene just so I can order online and try the sizes I want.

I am going back to the retailer on Tuesday to return tanks and the suit. They can order me the size I want or return my money.

Thanks,

Michael
your LDS does not sound very customer service oriented. We are closed on Sunday / Monday and if a rental goes out Late Friday afternoon we charge one day rental and expect it back Tuesday..as to the 3mm thermax we sell it for $259. True thermax only available to LDS not mail order available as far as I know of.. Going by your weight and height I would guess a med tall would do. Your waist should be about 33" . For that size to fit..cannot tell for sure unless we can see you in the suit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom