Expensive not flash? Cheap with flash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was being facetious....I know he doesn't use them. They are way underpowered for any serious photographer. They may work for some macro shots......

Save your money and get any strobe by Inon or Ikelite, or a YS60 or bigger from Sea&Sea. If you stay serious about your u/w photography, you WILL end up with one anyway.

I bet Larry C & Sea Yoda would admit that the $200 they saved on their strobes is not worth it with all the frustrations, missed dives, hassels of packing & sending back for repairs.

Years ago I tried cutting some corners. It doesn't work in underwater photography....you get what you pay for. I am just trying to save others some of my past frustrations.

Dave

dbh:
Years ago I tried cutting some corners. It doesn't work in underwater photography....you get what you pay for. I am just trying to save others some of my past frustrations.

Dave

This is so true.... Why buy things twice?? Why waste money on a cheap strobe when for a little more, you can get a quality ikelite or Inon strobe??

Quality photo equipment will last a long time, whereas if you cut a corner to make a budget... you'll end up just replacing that cheaper item... then you're stuck with selling it on ebay or something like that...

Agreed. For the money I spent on my two cheapie strobes ($389 combined) I could have added about $100 and had a nice Inon, Ikelite or Sea & Sea. Less hassles, better pics. Spend the bucks, and get a D2000, DS125 or YS90 with the features you want. You'll find out that compared to everything you spend on UW photography, it's a drop in the bucket and a great investment in good pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom