EXIF data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering about EXIF data. Is it saved with your photos when you download them onto the computer? How do you access it? Or do you need a special program? I've deleted the photos from the memory card, so I can't go back to the camera. Is there anyway you can get EXIF data stored automatically when you download the photos?

Thanks,
Mel

The exposure information is automatically stored with your digital images

To see it in XP:

right click on the image
select properties
select summary tab
advanced

The data are generally embedded in the JPG image file that is downloaded. How to access the data depends on what kind of computer, operating system and software you are using. You don't say what this is. Some software will save/copy the image file and leave out the EXIF data this can happen also if you save to a file format that does not support embedded data.
The software I use to download images has the option of downloading or not the EXIF data if your software has this option you may or maybe not have the data in the file. I know, you didn't want to here "It Depends."

Mel.B:
Hi,

I'm wondering about EXIF data. Is it saved with your photos when you download them onto the computer? How do you access it? Or do you need a special program? I've deleted the photos from the memory card, so I can't go back to the camera. Is there anyway you can get EXIF data stored automatically when you download the photos?

Thanks,
Mel

Also, as I found out in Photo Shop, you can add descriptions and several other things in the PS File Browser... click on the photo and as it appears in the screen on the left side with the EXIF info, there's a way to add Descriptons, copyrights etc..

I say this as it's fun to put in descriptions and then have them printed out on the Web Gallery automatically... all part of the "File Info Storage" capability... kinda kewl... I think anyway..

Just some more useless tidbits to forget... LOL...

fpoole:
Also, as I found out in Photo Shop, you can add descriptions and several other things in the PS File Browser... click on the photo and as it appears in the screen on the left side with the EXIF info, there's a way to add Descriptons, copyrights etc..

I say this as it's fun to put in descriptions and then have them printed out on the Web Gallery automatically... all part of the "File Info Storage" capability... kinda kewl... I think anyway..

Just some more useless tidbits to forget... LOL...

Wow....I didn't know that! That could be way cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom