Exhaust valve leaking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Geoff. Sounds like you are doing great at trouble shooting the problem. Not sure if 'prominent tendons' are an issue for you. Some divers have large tendons on the wrist and the seals leak when the wrist is moved around.

On the plus side you've discovered how nice it is to dive with dry hands :wink:

Keep us posted!

Hi Geoff. Sounds like you are doing great at trouble shooting the problem. Not sure if 'prominent tendons' are an issue for you. Some divers have large tendons on the wrist and the seals leak when the wrist is moved around.

On the plus side you've discovered how nice it is to dive with dry hands :wink:

Keep us posted!
Thanks Kathy! I talked to Janet for a while yesterday and got a lot of good info from her. In the 5 years I've had my TLS 350 this problem is the first time I've been wet. Prominent tendons? Me? Not quite

I have dived with dry hands at the Avalon demo days when taking people out for test dive tours, and always felt like a total spaz. I need to go back through my dive log to see when the problem started and see if I can correlate it with some prior event, in case my left and right wrist seal got reversed. Worst case is I pop on a new wrist zip seal or just start diving with dry gloves

My biggest problem is most of my dives are single tank beach dives, with some surf, so I don't get to dive my drysuit enough

I did notice after getting my drysuit back from DUI when the problem happened, I much prefer the new SiTech exhaust valve to the original low provide Apeks one

Back
Top Bottom