Excellent Summary on all the MMC Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from the looks of it its going to look just like a passport

seems pretty decent, but putting stickers in it when you get upgrades and endorsements seems a little shaky...

I am going to be getting my PIC (barge) so I'll let you guys know what it looks like

I just hope they will let you receive a full size, wall-mountable license, even if you have to pay extra. I'm just glad I got one before this change.

Gotta love the TWIC thing. $130.00 for a card I'll never use. That is until they let me pull up next to a cruise ship or NAVY vessel and drop divers.....:shakehead:

Is this for anyone that has a Captains License (Including OUPV)?

The MMC will replace your paper license the next time that you renew, all mariner documentation(z card, license, STCW certificate) is going to be integrated in it.

Gotta love the TWIC thing. $130.00 for a card I'll never use. That is until they let me pull up next to a cruise ship or NAVY vessel and drop divers.....:shakehead:

I agree, completely useless for most people and in fact there is no TSA approved card reader...:shakehead: For now the TWIC is yet another ID that I need for work, at least the MMC will cut it down to only 2 ID's

Is it just me or is anyone else completely fed up with the ineptitude of homeland security when it comes to documentation. The TWIC card is a huge hack! I believe Lockheed has the contract to run or manufacture or...w/e some large war contractor is involved and eating up your money. (sorry for not sounding to educated about the subject but it pisses me off so bad i don't really want to know more.) One of the Chief Mates i work with has been waiting 6 months for his card! I had a Bos'n have to leave the ship because his Z-Card expired before the USCG could get him a new one. He only applied for the new one 4 months before the old one expired... Bull****.

Back
Top Bottom