Excellent Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
While cave diving last week, my Cuda 650 started having very short run times (25- 45 min). The DPV is only 5- 6 mos old. After watching the recharging behaviors, it was discovered that it was only charging the battery 1-1/2- 3 hrs. Normally it should be 5- 6 hrs before going to trickle charge mode. The night of the last scooter dive for the trip, I noticed that when I plugged in the battery, the charger's fan only ran for about 5 seconds then quit. We put a small fan on the charger & it did a full recharge cycle. It was obvious that because the fan was not working, the charger got hot & prematurely proceeded to the next charging phase, thus not fully charging the battery. I emailed Dive Xtras to start me on the path to getting this issue resolved. They emailed me back requesting that I send them the charger's serial number; that the charger may have come from a bad batch. I did, & within an hour they replied that a new charger was on its way & to dispose of the old one. Can't ask for better than that. Well done, Dive Xtras, well done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom