Evo3 and Altera boot construction...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm very excited about these Fusion suits, I really love the way they fit.

We've only just started ordering, though by now I've had sets of both boots come through our operation.

As a size 11 1/2 or so, I was silently hoping that the Altera boots in my size would fit into the XL scuba pro jet fins I use...not a chance.

However, just today, we received a suit set with the Evo3 boots and I see that the top of the foot (instep?) is much flatter than the comparably-sized Altera. The Altera has a very pronounced hump on the top of the foot that will preclude it from fitting into many fin pockets.

Is that a necessity of design due to the lace system, or mid cut length?

If not, I'd recommend looking into future designs that allow for a more streamlined exterior....

I had a similar problem. The Altera boot wouldn't fit in my L Jets. I tried XLs, but they were extremely uncomfortable for me (too big a blade!). I ended up selling those lovely boots, and going back to Chuck Taylors. Now you make me wish I'd tried the Evos, when the White's truck was here.

I had a similar problem. The Altera boot wouldn't fit in my L Jets. I tried XLs, but they were extremely uncomfortable for me (too big a blade!). I ended up selling those lovely boots, and going back to Chuck Taylors. Now you make me wish I'd tried the Evos, when the White's truck was here.

The only problem I'd anticipate with the EVO3 is the high top style, which would probalby limit ankle flexibility. My frog kick is all about ankle action these days...

What are Chuck Taylors?

Some in our group have bought these nifty all black converse All Stars (canvas) for only 30$. Nice looking!

I'm using Evo3 for boots (size 12) and they dont fit into a XL scuba pro jet fins but ok with my pair of XXL scuba pro jet fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom