Everyone help!!! Calling the attention of people from cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passionatediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
HORRIBLE PICTURES!!!

We have been circulating these pictures in Facebook to call the attention of everyone concerned. I am hoping that by posting these here in SB, faster action will be made. Thank you Wantomien for sharing this info. This is really heartbreaking and those people who did this to the poor whale shark must be punished and there is definitely a need for the reiteration of the law that protects those helpless sea creatures...

Whale Shark Ride 2.jpg541229_3577370150006_1145680522_3519135_2050902964_n.jpg

I am assuming that you are a citizen of the Philippines, I would recommend lodging a complaint with the government National, Provincial and LGU to get some pressure applied to "make it stop"...... This kind of behaviour has been ongoing for a few months,....

Cheers,
Roger

I understand your concern, but it's difficult to comment without understanding more of the situation. What happened and why is the whale shark there? I assume it's alive, but, really, I cannot tell from the photo.

Thank goodness that this caught the attention of the people concerned. You may check the links below for more info.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/04/02/12/photo-whale-shark-used-surfboard-sparks-outrage

NO FUN FOR TUKI. Facebook photo of hapless whale shark sparks online outrage « Cebu Daily News

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2012 at 02:37 AM ----------

Thank goodness that this caught the attention of the people concerned. You may check the links below for more info.
Photo of whale shark used as surfboard sparks outrage | ABS-CBN News
NO FUN FOR TUKI. Facebook photo of hapless whale shark sparks online outrage « Cebu Daily News

HORRIBLE PICTURES!!!

We have been circulating these pictures in Facebook to call the attention of everyone concerned. I am hoping that by posting these here in SB, faster action will be made. Thank you Wantomien for sharing this info. This is really heartbreaking and those people who did this to the poor whale shark must be punished and there is definitely a need for the reiteration of the law that protects those helpless sea creatures...

And what do you want us to do ?

Those Wardens ( fishemen ) don't give a rats ass about those Whales Sharks as long as they are getting a few Pesos.
If it wasn't for the few Pesos they are collected they would of cut those Whale Sharks up a long time ago and make every dish they could they think of.

Not because they are hungry, just because that is they way they are !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom