Question Everyday diving in Southern Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Ana

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well it happened. I never imagined I'd leave South Florida but the insurance companies and the hurricanes won. I'm moving out to Spain, however going home to the Basque Country with their forever rain and cold may kill me, I'll start in the south by the Mediterranean Sea.

Will start in Valencia for a short time and decide from there. Does anyone here knows about a particular location that has practical year round diving? I first thought the Canary Islands but the Atlantic in that area is way too cold year round. Any info?

One of my buddies is married to a Spanish lady who comes from the town next to Gibralter, and he dives around that area when they go to visit her family every year. He's currently in Greece at the moment, but I can find out more info when he returns at the beginning of October.

Reactions: Ana
I was chatting to some Spanish divers the other day - apparently there's reasonable diving off the south coast between Malaga and Motril. From a quick look at Google Maps there appears to be a few centers / schools too

Well it happened. I never imagined I'd leave South Florida but the insurance companies and the hurricanes won. I'm moving out to Spain, however going home to the Basque Country with their forever rain and cold may kill me, I'll start in the south by the Mediterranean Sea.

Will start in Valencia for a short time and decide from there. Does anyone here knows about a particular location that has practical year round diving? I first thought the Canary Islands but the Atlantic in that area is way too cold year round. Any info?

You wanna come further south and dive with me in Libya? I/We are HOT all year long!!

Are you bringing your Jeep?

You wanna come further south and dive with me in Libya? I/We are HOT all year long!!

Are you bringing your Jeep?
Libya may be too far for everyday diving, but who knows what kind of exploring we'll end up doing
No Jeep, we'll bring very little. Dive gear yes, but will leave about a dozen tanks behind, I think they will be a hassle. Already having a hard time to fill them in Florida because some people have a problem with tanks older than themselves.

We are not too far. Lots of antiquities underwater that aren't documented nor explored. Whole ancient cities in just 5 - 10 meters UW. Lots of wrecks from pre-Roman times to modern wrecks and everything in between. Above surface lots to see even in the deep south of Libya, the Sahara. Our desert, the Sahara or "Great Desert," is full of history and antiquities. We have pyramids, dry caves with ancient drawings, etc. In fact, apparently the oldest mummy in Africa was discovered in southern Libya. LOTS antiquities, ancient cities, all along the coastline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom