Ever "too cold" in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from a Bahamas liveaboard(Feb. 25-Mar. 3). The air was 70-75 for the week and the water 73-76. This was off Grand Bahama and Bimini. I get cold easily and doing multiple dives. I wore a 7mm farmer jane bottom with a 3mm jacket. I took a 5ml suit but was too cold to wear it. My fiancee was wearing a 3mm suit and was fine. It all depends on your body but its definetly diveable!!

Miranda

Just got back from a Belize liveaboard. I dive a 1/2 shortie and was a bit cool on the fifth dive of the day. My buddy wore a wetsuit once during the entire week and was OK. The range is enormous however - the water temps were in the 77 -78 range. The range on the single boat was from my buddy who wore shorts and a t-shirt for 4 or 5 dives a day to someone in a tropical drysuit. Most wore 3 or 5 mil full suits, I was the only other shortie on the boat. Some wore an additional vest, some wore a hood.

So to answer the question - it depends on your personal tolerance and where exactly in the Carribean you are going. To some water temps below 80 are cold to others anything over 75 is warm.

Back
Top Bottom