Ever heard of a housing manufacturer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a underwater camera housing manufacturer that guarantees their housing won't flood or they will replace your camera? Just as a kind-of warranty against defects.

Now, I'm sure that only works in the case where "IDtenT" errors don't come into the picture. For some reason I thought it was Ikelite, but I'm not too sure how accurate that is.

Thanks,
Jason

I have two Aquatica housings. One for my F-100 and one for my wife’s digital CP-995. Aquatica has a one-year warranty against defects. I have never had a problem with my F-100 housing. After several dives, my wife’s housing flooded. After close inspection I found a small defect in the O-ring groove. I notified Aquatica and they said to send it to them. They not only replaced the complete housing, they also sent me a new camera. As long as Aquatica makes housings for the cameras I use, I’ll keep using Aquatica.

Rooster once bubbled...
They not only replaced the complete housing, they also sent me a new camera.

It's nice to hear something like this. Olympus' warranty card explicitly says that they are not responsible for flooding in case of O-ring being dirty or damaged.

MonkSeal

I've heard of Aquatica's policy like Rooster describes but other than that, no. That's not to say that some wouldn't do the same thing if they knew their product was at fault. Ikelite would also be my best suggestion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom