Event at CSSP August 18-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This ought to be a good one! CDOO (Christian Divers of Oklahoma) and CDOT (Christian Divers of Texas) are partnering to sponsor what should be a great time at CSSP on the weekend of August 18-19. We'll be having a treasure hunt on Saturday featuring some great prizes, including a liveaboard dive trip in the Bahamas aboard Blackbeard's Cruises, an Aeris dive computer, and lots of other items. There will also be drawings for prizes for those who can't make the treasure hunt. CDOO is hosting a barbecue on Saturday afternoon, CDOT will host a breakfast on Sunday morning, and of course there will be great dives all weekend. The great thing is that you don't have to be a member of either organization to participate in any of the events or meals. Just come have fun!
Some of us will be camping on Saturday night (night dive, anyone?) For more information, just drop me a note.
Hope to see ya'll there!
Bill

Cool! Thanks for the heads up Guba! That sounds like fun!
Foo2

This does sound like fun! I've never done anything like this before, so I have to be the one to ask the stupid questions.

How do they do the treasure hunt?

Is this something a noobie can do?

Guba .....
Just be sure to bring Cheese and Pizza along with you for all the dives.
I hear it is now a requirement.
Go with the Stuffed Crust Pizza since it provides more floatation and nix the Swiss Cheese since the density and all of the holes cause it to sink.

If ya'll talk to the right guy you'll only need to bring a few slices of each and there should be plenty to go around :wink:

Timeliner:
Guba .....
Just be sure to bring Cheese and Pizza along with you for all the dives.
I hear it is now a requirement.
Go with the Stuffed Crust Pizza since it provides more floatation and nix the Swiss Cheese since the density and all of the holes cause it to sink.

If ya'll talk to the right guy you'll only need to bring a few slices of each and there should be plenty to go around :wink:

............:rofl3:

Guba......... your event sounds nice...hope you have a great turn out!

Thanks to TexDiveGuy for the encouragement...we'll try to have a good time for sure. Ya otta' come join us!
And thanks to Timeliner for the advice. We do, indeed, talk to "the right guy" quite a bit, and we've never had a problem with being provided for. hehehe

Yellowfinkunkfish, it's not a dumb question at all. We're planning to do our treasure hunt in the same way many of them operate. We'll have numerous little "floats" attached to lead weights with about three feet of line, and we scatter them over a given area. The idea is for the targets not to actually float but remain suspended off the bottom (to prevent silting). Each target has a number. Divers hunt for the floats (like an Easter egg hunt), collect them, and return them to the shore base at the end of the dive. We draw numbers randomly and whatever number float a diver hauls in, that's the prize he/she wins.
We typically dive in pairs, so the answer is "yes"--newly certified divers are welcome to participate providing they adhere to the standard safety guidelines. It's useful to be paired with an experienced diver for an added margin of safety, in my opinion. The good news is we expect a lot of experienced divers at the event, if you should need a buddy. Come on out!

Thank You! I think Kory and I are gonna try to make it there on Saturday. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I could sure use a dive computer.....

Terrific! We'll see you there!

I'm excited! Less than two weeks to go before the dive weekend at CSSP.

Should be a great time. YA'LL COME!

Just curious what time you guys are getting started on Saturday? Me and the wife should be there making refresher dive around lunch time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom