Especias Restaurant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I happen to like an earthy cab with pasta. You sir may have whatever you wish.
Merlot has an affinity for tomato-based sauces, cabs are better with meats. Sure, we can all drink whatever we wish. I've seen people drink white zinfandel with prime rib in the historic heart of red zinfandel. But that doesn't make it right.

Italian restaurant in Cozumel??

I'll pass

Jerry

More like Mexican food in Cozumel - I'll pass. :)

So many other unique and great places to eat offering food types from around the world. Try them, you will not be disappointed! Anything Adrian cooks up is amazing.

Merlot has an affinity for tomato-based sauces, cabs are better with meats. Sure, we can all drink whatever we wish. I've seen people drink white zinfandel with prime rib in the historic heart of red zinfandel. But that doesn't make it right.

Mossman, I do not care what you think or what wine rule you think everyone should follow. As a Master Sommelier told me years ago while on my first visit to the wineries of Temecula, California, "If someone likes ice in their wine, then they should have ice in their wine". The conversation went on to cover how ones journey in wine is most rewarding if you follow your own path. The same applies to life, as long as what you do in life is not harmful to others, find what you enjoy and be happy, even if it goes against the rules of the Great Wine Gods !

Last edited:
Mossman, I do not care what you think or what wine rule you think everyone should follow. As a Master Sommelier told me years ago while on my first visit to the wineries of Temecula, California, "If someone likes ice in their wine, then they should have ice in their wine". The conversation went on to cover how ones journey in wine is most rewarding if you follow your own path. The same applies to life, as long as what you do in life is not harmful to others, find what you enjoy and be happy, even if it goes against the rules of the Great Wine Gods !
Ah, you learned your wine rules in Temecula. No wonder :wink:

Of course you can drink what you want. White wine with cheeseburgers if you must. But some wines pair better with certain foods than others. By sticking solely to cabs, you're missing out on the virtues of other varietals that may actually improve both the food and the flavor of the wine synergistically. While one's journey in wine may be most rewarding by following your own path, if your path is a simple circle and you keep going round and round where you've already trodden many times before, where is the reward?

I grew up in Europe, and for the most part everyone drank their local wine with everything. Red with fish, white with beef, and so on. Nobody seemed to go up in flames and the world kept turning.

My favorite wine rule, one that I test at every opportunity, is "champagne goes with everything".

I grew up in Europe, and for the most part everyone drank their local wine with everything. Red with fish, white with beef, and so on. Nobody seemed to go up in flames and the world kept turning.

My favorite wine rule, one that I test at every opportunity, is "champagne goes with everything".
Local wines do go with local cuisine as they evolved with each other. It gets trickier if you're drinking California wine in an Italian restaurant in Mexico.

Try spicy food with a full bodied red and you will feel like you just went up in flames.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah, you learned your wine rules in Temecula. No wonder :wink:

Of course you can drink what you want. White wine with cheeseburgers if you must. But some wines pair better with certain foods than others. By sticking solely to cabs, you're missing out on the virtues of other varietals that may actually improve both the food and the flavor of the wine synergistically. While one's journey in wine may be most rewarding by following your own path, if your path is a simple circle and you keep going round and round where you've already trodden many times before, where is the reward?

You are once again speaking of which you do not know... Other than that pairing foods and wines do enhance flavors.

A- I said I met and had a conversation with a Master Sommelier in Temecula, this does not however Mean I have not traveled and enjoyed and experienced wines elsewhere. My husband and I are thankful for these opportunities as we have met so many wonderful people and professionals in the field.

B-just when did I say I ONLY drink Cab ? Granted, if I come across a cab that looks interesting, I will do my best to try it out, however, my interest covers all wines.

C-A simple circle, now that is funny.. Those who know me know I am definitely NOT a simple circle kind of girl.

D-There is merit in going down a Trodden path once in awhile...stop, relax, enjoy the familiar....it's like Mom's Home Cooking...

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2014 at 01:18 PM ----------

Local wines do go with local cuisine as they evolved with each other. It gets trickier if you're drinking California wine in an Italian restaurant in Mexico.

Fortunately, Sorissi's has a very nice wine selection.

Fortunately, Sorissi's has a very nice wine selection.
I'd recommend a California chardonnay with your caesar salad as I've found that's one of the few foods that actually pairs well with California chardonnay, except that Mexican caesars tend to be made with lots of worcestershire sauce and that makes them less chardonnay-friendly IMO.

Temecula wines are better than those made south of the border, I'll give them that. But they only exist because it's a lot closer than driving north for southern Californians who want a day of wine tasting.

In any case, New Especias has a facebook pages with some pretty pics of their food.

https://www.facebook.com/NewEspecias

However, I think that there should be a law requiring restaurants without websites to post their menus on their Facebook pages. Pictures are pretty, but I'd rather read a good menu any day.

Back
Top Bottom