Ero Jacks Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

showboat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks Joni and I managed to find Ero Jacks which seemed to take an hour to get to when parking at Dania Pier with all the gear on, but well worth it even with all the sediment in the water. Seen 3 stingrays, I huge green morey Eel, Joni seen a Nurse Shark that I missed, The better Viz was on the South Side of the Jacks today.

Overall its better to dive then work.....

Here are some pics that I took today

Nice shots.....! Thank you for sharing them with us!

(eeek, an hour!!)

Good shots, heard a bit about this site. So where did you park and hike from to get there?? How come it took so long to walk (and swim out?)? It does sound a bit much on a hot summer day - but we will hope to hit that site over Labour Day weekend if the hurricane avoids that area!! :wink:

Well maybe not an hour, but it sure felt like it. Had to park by dania pier and then put our gear on and we did walk past the fence which starts John U Lloyd park and hit the water from there till you see a pair of concrete Jacks by the dune on shore.

I would do this again once the 1st parking lot is open again in the park.

Great pics. Looking forward to diving the jacks soon.

The walk from Dania to the erojacks is just slightly longer than the walk from the park. My experience doing the jacks is to get into the water as soon as possible then angle out towards them. I have done the jacks from both entry points, and also tried the walking thing. I would rather do the leisurely (sp) swim out. The jacks are located just about straight out from the ones on shore. Those are a big help, we used to have to find them by looking for a palm tree!

I was at John Lloyd State Park today for a company picnic. On the way out I asked one of the park rangers about the work being done on the beach access for the jacks. She laughed and said they've been getting lots of comments from divers.

They are rebuilding the bridge and boardwalk that leads to the beach and are doing some brush and tree clearing in the area. There's also a spot on the beach that's badly eroded that needs repair. She indicated it's going to be closed for at least six months, if not longer.

Get used to the walk from the pier.

Marc

You know what's really sad about that is that little walk to the beach inside the park was a little tiny slice of "old Florida"--the Casuarina's hanging overhead, the tiny pinecone seeds on the ground (we used to call them monkey balls)....guess someone decided it had to be as homogenized as every other park out there...grr!! How much do you want to bet half the thing will be paved when they open it back up....

As much as I agree with you, I believe that they are eridicating the invasives so the native flora and fauna can once again florish. The Australian Pines, the ones with those monkey balls pine cones are gone, making way for the natives. The little bit of reconstruction I have seen in the State Parks in the past few years has been focused on returning to a native state while providing amenities to the visitors without being garish.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom