Erie Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airhog30

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody out there know of any good dive charters in Erie? A group of us in Central PA are looking to head that way this summer. Some have told us there might be some out of Cleveland.

Best diving that I have done in Lake Erie is at the link provided below. I actually live toward the western part of Lake Erie, and the further east you go the better the diving gets.

It is located about 20-30 miles east of Erie PA, in a little town called Barcellona New York.

Its a very well run diveboat. I chartered with them 4 times last year and hopefully will a few times this year also.

Its probably closer to you than Cleveland also.

HTH

Dave

http://www.osprey-dive.com/ospreyframe.html

airhog30 once bubbled...
Anybody out there know of any good dive charters in Erie? A group of us in Central PA are looking to head that way this summer. Some have told us there might be some out of Cleveland.

I've got to go with BigO on this one. Best diving in Lake Erie is on the East end. Osprey Dive Charters is a good choice. Jim Herbert runs a good operation.

Here's a link to a couple of my reports from wreck dives in that area.

Barcelona, NY one

Barcelona, NY two

I'm revamping the navigation links on my site right now, so here is a direct link to the dive report index page.

Dive Reports Index

Good luck... there's many nice wrecks in that area.

Hi Dave and CWB

Thanks for the lead. It is really appreciated.

CWB I read your stuff. Wish I could have been there. They sound like great dives. Cold but great. Of course give me the cold.

CWB I also read your dive story about the drysuit. I am thinking of picking one up later this year and also getting my nitrox cert. this month and I am looking forward to those Erie dives.

I imagine you guys would recommend diving a drysuit for Erie.

Dave thanks for the link.

Really appreciate your reponses

Erin -
(it should be Aaron but got the irish spelling)

A little more info for you bud....

Every time I dove up there last year, I dove with Ocean Odyssey out of Pittsburg. Maybee you can hook up and dive with them this summer.

Ill add their link below. It looks like they have the boat chartered for three weekends already this summer.

As for your question about drysuits, yes, Bob (CWB) and I would both advise drysuits although a bunch of people do them wet.

If your gonna do the deep one's, use a large volume bottle with a pony, or doubles. (preferably)

If your shop or you happens to book the charter, PM me, and Ill see if I can dive with you!

Later,

Dave

http://oodcinc.com/

Thanks for the additional info.

We are looking to book the charter soon. I will definetly PM you and let you know the dates.

Really excite about going but may have to pick up that drysuit before then.

Thanks
Erin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom