Equipment suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone can give me suggestions as to what stuff to get for pools and mild open water diving, I'd be grateful. I'll take everything, even tanks, but no computers. I'm going to get an Aeris Atmos 2. Also, if you can give me reviews on the equipment, including the computer, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nate

For basic gear, regs for example, you could do a lot worse than an Aqualung Titan. Supreme durability, quality and a great price. As far as the computer, only word of advice is "Suunto". Aeris computers are made by Pelagic, who also makes Oceanic's and Sherwood's. Two good dive buddies of mine have been thru about ten Oceanic's between them in the last five years. They keep flooding or otherwise failing in some function or another. The Suunto's, on the otherhand, have been very reliable in the same timeframe. With any of your gear choices, buy the best you can afford.

YOu can do some searching around here but www.scubadiving.com has lots of different reviews. You might want to start there and then come back with questions about specific items. If you want us to recommend an entire setup, that would take a while and you'd probably find the suggestions overwhelming. Take your time, do some research and you'll be much happier with your purchases in the end.

Nate:
If anyone can give me suggestions as to what stuff to get for pools and mild open water diving, I'd be grateful. I'll take everything, even tanks, but no computers. I'm going to get an Aeris Atmos 2. Also, if you can give me reviews on the equipment, including the computer, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nate

Good choice on the Aeris computer... Aeris also makes a pretty good environmentally sealed reg in a budget price range... and a very nice pneumatically balanced one. Other brands that are nice at a cheap price tag are Tusa, Mares, and even the Zeagle Envoy won't set you back much and is a top rated reg.

I'd say get hooked up with someone who will work with you on an entire package, and you should be able to save a bunch of money over piecing it together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom