Equipment Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10X

Reaction score
OK, I took the plunge and bought an Inon D-2000 package from Ryan, along with an Inon UWL-100 WAL lens. I then went to GB Undersea and bought their lens dock. Now I'm trying to get it set up.

The D-2000 package comes complete with a UCLS tray and arms. I just got the standard 3" and 5" arms upon Ryan's recommendation. Does it matter which arm is closer to the camera? Is there some advantage with strobe adjustment, or whatever?

If I can mount the 5" arm closer to the camera, I can mount the lens dock to that arm. If the 5" arm has to be closer to the strobe, I'll have to come up with something else.

My camera is an Oly C5050 with PT-015 housing.

Does anyone have any other ideas about mounting the lens dock with this setup? I thought about mounting it to the underside of the tray but that didn't look healthy for the lens.

Sorry for the basic questions but this is my first stobe, etc. and I don't want to have problems if I can avoid it.

Thanks.
Denny

My guess is that the longer part of the arm is closer to the housing. I'm thinking of the same strobe package. How much does the D-2000 go for?

10X:
OK, I took the plunge and bought an Inon D-2000 package from Ryan, along with an Inon UWL-100 WAL lens. I then went to GB Undersea and bought their lens dock. Now I'm trying to get it set up.

The D-2000 package comes complete with a UCLS tray and arms. I just got the standard 3" and 5" arms upon Ryan's recommendation. Does it matter which arm is closer to the camera? Is there some advantage with strobe adjustment, or whatever?

If I can mount the 5" arm closer to the camera, I can mount the lens dock to that arm. If the 5" arm has to be closer to the strobe, I'll have to come up with something else.

My camera is an Oly C5050 with PT-015 housing.

Does anyone have any other ideas about mounting the lens dock with this setup? I thought about mounting it to the underside of the tray but that didn't look healthy for the lens.

Sorry for the basic questions but this is my first stobe, etc. and I don't want to have problems if I can avoid it.

Thanks.
Denny

Try them both ways the key is which setup gives you the best strobe position over the camera len's angle of view. Also the ease of movement, how easy is it to change the strobe position when going from a horizontal to a vertical shot.

After you setup your strobe start testing, place objects like a plant, flowers in a vase etc on a light colored table cloth next to a wall. Fire away and see where the shadow falls, adjust you strobe position to min. the shadows. Better to find out now than underwater. Its not like you will be wasting any film on this.

DesertEagle,

$875 for the strobe package, $329 for the WAL. The lens dock from GB Undersea was about $45, delivered.

Ryan says his strobe package deal is ready to, right out of the box. Everything is included. I just have to set it up.

Denny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom