Equipment ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to the forum, thought I'd put up this pic I took diving the Flower Gardens last year. I have no idea what this is (very new to UW Photog) but it seemed funny to me.

Enjoy!

D.

Sorry but that link leads to Webshots signup page. Wanna try again?

Well, that looks like a tangle of at least 3 camera rigs. I see two Nikonos (I think) cameras and a SeaLife model of some sort. There's Inon as well as Nikonos strobes on ULCS or similar type strobe arms.

Dee:
Well, that looks like a tangle of at least 3 camera rigs. I see two Nikonos (I think) cameras and a SeaLife model of some sort. There's Inon as well as Nikonos strobes on ULCS or similar type strobe arms.
what you are looking at there is a person that takes his photography very seriously. This person is set up for almost anything that they my encounter.

One Nikonos set up for micro photography and another setup for wide angle.

There are various strobes to get the job done and the flashlight is there as a pointer (used old school to know exactly where the strobes are pointing)

It is not unusual for photographers that use the "old" nikonos setups to carry more that one camera at a time......hey you never know what you are going to see down there

aquatica
P.s. am i missing the spell checkher????

aquatica672:
aquatica
P.s. am i missing the spell checkher????

Hello, Stranger! Uh....we have to use the spel chekr betwen our ears! :D

ok

now that a camera rig

on there i see the following

on the bottom is a nik III with a 35 mm lens with a extenstion tybe on it, on top of that looks to be a nik V with 20mm lens on it , and then on top of that is another nik V with a 15mm lens on it, and finally would be what looks like a sea and sea 3000G digital camera and then the strobes are a combonation of nikon SB105s and a small ike strobe. then there loos to be a sekonic light meter and a couple of aiming lights on the arms.

then there are the arms and such but i think i hit the big pieces.

This was during the week of the coral spawning in the Flower Gardens, which I guess explains all the high end photo stuff. Here's another pic of what I understand to be very expensive rigs..

D.

Scubatooth:
ok

now that a camera rig

on there i see the following

on the bottom is a nik III with a 35 mm lens with a extenstion tybe on it, on top of that looks to be a nik V with 20mm lens on it , and then on top of that is another nik V with a 15mm lens on it, and finally would be what looks like a sea and sea 3000G digital camera and then the strobes are a combonation of nikon SB105s and a small ike strobe. then there loos to be a sekonic light meter and a couple of aiming lights on the arms.

then there are the arms and such but i think i hit the big pieces.

Makes me salavate and gives me a headache at the same time!!!

Back
Top Bottom