eos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have! Lots of likes- It is easy to breathe and the swivel makes a world of difference. My Husband had trouble with free flow, but then we got the adjustment knobs dialed in correctly and no trouble at all.

I love my EOS. I've had a few regs including my much-loved Oceanic Delta 4/FDX-10. The EOS is also connected to the FDX-10. Easy to breathe. It does tend to "honk" at depth, but you quickly forget about that and others have mentioned that it doesn't do it as much as when brand new (Delta 4 also did this, it's the FDX-10). One thing to note...the purge button is BIG and SOFT. This means in very cold water, big extra vigilant to not push the purge by accident and cause a 1st stage freeflow when getting in the water. Never had a problem in the water. Also, as an instructor, I LOVE to push the purge in hard to show the students what it's like to breathe from a free-flowing reg, because with the purge pushed right in, it's pretty damn close.

I'm a fairly new diver, but I have to say that I LOVE my eos. Breathes very easily, but can be dialed down to conserve air. It's light (so particuarly for women with small mouths it doesn't cause jaw pain/rubbing etc.)

I am quite happy with my EOS. Probably the easiest breathing reg that I have (Delta 4 would be #2). There is a lot of adjustment room in the breathing resistance knob so you can set it however you are comfortable.
The swivel is a great feature for me - since all my regs now have swivels I'm hooked. It can reduce some jaw fatigue since it doesnt pull on you at all when you turn your head.

I prefer the "comfobite" mouthpiece which comes standard on aqualung and apeks regs. I put those on all my regs. Just a personal preference on my part.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to go into one of these in the near future. Hopefully this summer. I have a old zeagle tech 50d that i am thinking of doint the trade in deal with as parts have become a pain to get. so hopefully this summer i will have one. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to go into one of these in the near future. Hopefully this summer. I have a old zeagle tech 50d that i am thinking of doint the trade in deal with as parts have become a pain to get. so hopefully this summer i will have one. Thanks again.

An Apeks dealer should be able to service your old Zeagle, as these were just rebadged Apeks regs.

Back
Top Bottom