Envoy Second Stage vs Envoy Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris1965

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is there any difference (beside yellow cover plate)? Is the octopus tuned to a different cracking pressure?
My intent is to use one (primary) on a long hose and a second (backup) on a short hose. I would have the primary one be the easiest breather, with intent to donate; and the backup more free flow resistant (predive switched off ? or tuned differently??). I would probably have the yellow plate on the primary........I often dive with groups off boats to avoid confusion.

I believe the only difference is the cover. I use my old Envoy second stage as my octo since I know it's a great breather and if I use it or donate it, it'll deliver the needed air.

They are the same.

When you purchase the reg, the LDS is supposed to check it out, etc....so you could ask the Tech to de-tune it a little at that time, if you wish.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks and is a de-tune needed if the pre dive switch is left in (pre-dive)...?? (this is for ez warm open water diving)

I ordered my Envoy octo, which I bungee, with a grey face plate. No extra charge (at least not with ScubaToys).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom