entry level cavern primary dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One note on the BX2, it is a nice light, but I hate the sharp edges on it. It cuts through my rubber light keepers. In that size and price, I like the dgx600 more.
The cx2 doesn't have those edges.
I also like the DRIS1000 for backup lights on my harness but they are fairly long, if you have a short torso, they will be tough to store.
I've been swapping all of my rubber keepers over to neoprene ones that @cerich has in his harness packages. Much preferred over the rubber ones and seem to last a lot longer which is nice.

One note on the BX2, it is a nice light, but I hate the sharp edges on it. It cuts through my rubber light keepers. In that size and price, I like the dgx600 more.
The cx2 doesn't have those edges.
I also like the DRIS1000 for backup lights on my harness but they are fairly long, if you have a short torso, they will be tough to store.

Those long lights that I refer to as “fish bashers.” :D Heavy as heck.

So I think I’ll get a cx2 and a dgx 600 for now and since I’m getting a perdix ai right now , I’ll skip getting an expensive light until I’m starting the intro to cave / cave course .
Then might as well bite the bullet at that time and get a good quality can light from either light monkey or uwld
What do you guys think , probably for sidemount and cavern course the cx2 with a hand mount and dgx600 as backup should be plenty (technically still in the light zone )

So I think I’ll get a cx2 and a dgx 600 for now and since I’m getting a perdix ai right now , I’ll skip getting an expensive light until I’m starting the intro to cave / cave course .
Then might as well bite the bullet at that time and get a good quality can light from either light monkey or uwld
What do you guys think , probably for sidemount and cavern course the cx2 with a hand mount and dgx600 as backup should be plenty (technically still in the light zone )
Yes, that will be fine. I still vote for two CX2. Don’t forget to get the QRM striker plate that will go on the light to mate with the QRM receiver on the goodman or soft glove.

Yes, that will be fine. I still vote for two CX2. Don’t forget to get the QRM striker plate that will go on the light to mate with the QRM receiver on the goodman or soft glove.
Or you can use the much cheaper elastic handmount they make for that light. I like it and have been using it on training dives, it is cheap, simple, and easy. Much like myself.

I don't know when they will come back in stock but I love my deep6 can light.

they won't come back in stock. they discontinued the light and where just selling existing stock. I bought one and it broke in about 9 month.

Hello all,
I am going to be heading down to the cenotes for a sidemount training and cavern training course . Need to take a primary and a secondary dive light. SInce Im just starting I wanted to start with something cheaper to begin with before commiting to higher priced canister lights.
I would recommend you to clip your "hand held" primary light to a loop of bungee or a snoopy loop around your arm - or to some safety cord. It's not fun to watch your light disappearing into the abyss if you drop it :oops:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom