Entry level camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, all! I'd like to do some underwater photography when I get some more diving experience and my biggest problem is figuring out which camera to buy! There seem to be roughly a million different ones out there. I'd like to get something for under $600 to start with, and add a strobe later as $ permits. I've looked at the Intova C12 and it seems to have good reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good starter?

Thanks,

Kristopher

I have an Intova IC 12 and am very happy with it. I bought the camera and case at Walmart for $199 and got an Intova strobe and arm on line for under $200.

Attachments

• Feb 10 008.jpg
    Feb 10 008.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Feb 19 142.jpg
    Feb 19 142.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Jan 15 020.jpg
    Jan 15 020.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 77
Hi man I use a Intova IC-10 which is pretty much the same specs as IC-12 and the photos seem to turn out alright, for the price you pay for the camera you get pretty good photo's, I also use an Intove strobe as well for what you want to spend you could get a camera and strobe and maybe a wide angle lens.

Those are some beautiful pictures, guys. It looks like the Intova is a good choice for the $$. Thanks for the responses.

Kristopher

300winmag, I saw in a previous thread I believe that you were looking at the sealife mini II. I've been looking at this one, do you have it? I'm just looking for some reviews but they dont really seem to exist with how new it is

I use an Intova strobe hopefully this weekend i will try and use two of them should be interesting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom