Enigmatic moderated/deleted post message

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Learn to live with it.

I occasionally get posts removed, if the MOD thinks I violated one of the T&Cs that’s their role.

I’ve been a MOD on another forum. From my experience if a MOD gets personal the other MODs soon put them tight.

MODs are always right.
Never even complaint.
Live with it or move on.

What the hell is a "bungled second"?

Are you making fun of a newbie? Lol

"bungied second"

The OP didn't ask what to do with the second stage, the OP asked about the *regulator* not being in mouth.

When you don't have your regulator in your mouth, what do you do with it?

Secure it to the shoulder strap of your BCD? If this is the solution, what are your favorite methods of securing it?

"With the bolt snap attached to the second stage swivel."

I have a bolt snap attached to the second stage swivel I use to attached the second stage to a d'ring on my right shoulder strap.

What do you do with your regulator when you're snorkeling?

What do I do with my regulator when snorkeling? Nothing, it's on the beach or the boat.

Reactions: Ana
What do I do with my regulator when snorkeling? Nothing, it's on the beach or the boat.

That's not a helpful answer in the New Divers thread.

Luckily this isn't the New Divers thread.

In the beginning divers forum, it's essential that questions are answered clearly. The posts deleted were anything but clear. Rather than get mad at the mod, learn to communicate clearly.

If I could make a suggestion/question ...

Assuming the moderation was due to insufficient clarity/completeness ...

As opposed to a straight deletion, couldn't a more descriptive expansion note be inserted as a MOD message in the post. This is instructive to the modded poster (as to the reason for the moderation) and does not remove the contributed concept from the thread, hopefully to the benefit of the OP and topic.

The MOD could also simply reply-post expanding the concept if their MOD services are not otherwise needed in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom