Enhanced Mosquito-Control Resources for Little Cayman and Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've always felt that Grand Cayman did a pretty good job of controlling populations of mosquitos and biting insects and I have seen planes spraying areas around the island, including some of the less populated areas on GC. However, I've always felt that they could do a better job with mosquito-abatement in the Sister Islands. It's not nearly as bad as Roatan or Ambergris Caye or the Bahamian Out Islands, but I have some bad memories of voracious mosquitos on both Brac and Little Cayman.

We will be heading back to GC and LC later this year and so I was pleased to see that more resources are being added to the insect abatement programs for the Sister Islands, see link below:
Spray plane targets Sister Islands mosquitoes | Cayman Compass

I thought I'd share the good news because I know that some of my Scuba Board members hate mosquitos as much as I do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom